Regular users and admins on all accounts can invite new users by default. Admins on Professional and Business accounts may restrict invitation rights to admins only.
⏱ 4 min read
Depending on your security settings: only admins can invite new teammates to join your team in Wrike or admins and Regular Users can invite new users.
Admins on Professional, Business, or Enterprise accounts are able to restrict invitations to users with a certain domain. Admins on Enterprise accounts have the additional option to restrict the ability to invite new users to admins, and specify which type of licenses users can grant when they invite someone to join the account.
- When you invite someone to join Wrike, they do not automatically see everything in your account. You must share Tasks, Folders, or Projects with them in order for them to be able to see specific items.
Invite a User (for Regular Users and Admins)
The ability to invite users may depend on the accounts security settings.
Invite Users with the Workspace's "Add Users" Button
- Open the Wrike Workspace.
- Click “Add Users” 1 (located at the bottom of the Workspace).
In the dialogue box which appears, enter
- The email address 2 of the person or people you want to invite.
- Specify what type of license they should have. 3
- Click “Invite users”. 4
Invite Users with the "Shared with" Icons
- Open a task.
- Click the “Shared with” icons.
- Enter the email address of the person or people you want to invite to Wrike.
- Click “Invite to Wrike”.
The task is automatically shared with the invitee when they accept the invite.
Invite Users with the Share Folder or Share Project Dialogue Box
- Right click on a Folder or Project from the Workspace's left-hand Navigation panel.
- Select “Share”.
- Click “+ Invite user”.
- Enter the email address of the person you would like to invite to Wrike.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- A new icon appears representing the user you just invited to Wrike. Click the dropdown arrow that appears in the upper right-hand corner of the icon.
- Select if you would like them to be a: Regular User, External User, or Collaborator.
- Click “Save changes”.
Invite a User (Admins only)
In addition to the options above, admins can invite users from the User Management Chart. To do this:
- Click on your profile image in the Workspace's upper right-hand corner.
- Select "Settings" from the dropdown.
- Click "Users" in the left panel.
- Click “Add users” and select "Invite by email".
In the pop-up that opens:
- Enter the email address of the person you want to invite to Wrike (you can add multiple addresses).
- Specify what license they should have: click in the field under "Role" and select a license type from the list.
- Add the person/people to User Groups (on Business and Enterprise accounts): click "Add to Group" and select a User Group (or Groups) from the list.
- Customize the invitation email*: click "Include personal message", edit the text, and click "Done".
- Click “Invite users”.
*Available for all paid accounts, not available for trials or free accounts.
Restrict Invitations by Domain (for Admins)
Adding approved email domains means that invitations can only be sent to people with an approved email domain. To allow invitations to anyone, regardless of domain, do not add email domains here.
Click your profile image in the Workspace's upper right-hand corner.
- Select "Settings" from the dropdown.
- Click the “Settings” tab if you are a Professional user or the “Security” tab if you are an Enterprise/Business user.
- Click "Add email domains" under "Invite new users" (if you're an Enterprise user) or "Invitation settings" if you are a Professional/Business user).
- Enter email domains invitees, in the field under "Regular users can invite new users from these domains".
- Click "Add".
Repeat steps 1-6 for each domain you want to add to the list of approved domains.