External and regular users on all account types can create milestones.
⏱ 1 min read
Milestones are tasks that are scheduled for one day and have no duration. Milestones are used as reference points to mark a major event or a branching decision point in a project.
- Wrike comes with a pre-built “Conflicts Monitor” widget. The Conflicts Monitor displays all milestones in your account which are shared with you and which have scheduling conflicts.
Create a Milestone Task
You can convert any existing task into milestone:
- Open the task you want to convert to a milestone in a Task view or create a new task.
- Click the three-dot menu button 1 in the upper right corner of the task.
- Select “Convert to milestone” 2.
Alternatively, right-click a task in the List view and select “Convert to milestone” from the menu that appears.
If no start/end dates are selected before the task is converted into milestone with a current date as a due date. If the end date was specified it becomes the due date for the milestone.
Wrike Tip! One more way to convert a task into a milestone from the Task view:
- Open the task you want to convert to a milestone or create a new task.
- Click in the schedule date section of the task (if the task is currently scheduled for any dates) 1.
- Delete the date in the start date field 2.
- Select the date 3, which the milestone should be scheduled for, in the end date field.
- Click “Save” 4.
Milestones on the Gantt Chart
Milestone tasks are displayed as a diamond symbol 1 on the Gantt Chart.
To create a milestone on the Gantt Chart:
- Select a folder or project from the folder tree.
- Switch to the Gantt Chart.
- Scroll to the bottom of the table on the left-hand side of the view.
- Click “New task”.
- Enter a task title.
- Press “Enter” on your keyboard.
- Right-click the row of the task which you want to convert into a milestone 1.
- Select "Convert to milestone" 2.
The milestone is created and you can add any additional information to it.