This feature is available on accounts with the Wrike for Professional Services package and Wrike Resource add-on. Custom capacity allocation is a part of Workload charts.
The default daily capacity limit for all users on Workload charts is 8 hours. Custom capacity allocation allows you to change the daily limit for team members on Workload charts if their working days differ from the traditional 8-hour day.
Once you set a custom capacity for one or more of the team members, Wrike will take this setting into account when color-coding the cells on the chart according to the allocated effort.
- Custom capacity allocation is only available in Workload charts. Custom working hours on Workload charts won’t affect working hours in any other Wrike feature.
- Custom capacity settings are applied per chart, so you need to configure the Custom capacity allocation for each Workload chart separately.
Configure Custom Capacity Allocation
Regular and External users can configure and edit the custom capacity on Workload charts unless their access role restricts it.
- Go to the Workload tab at the top of your workspace.
- Select the relevant Workload chart from the list.
- Click the three-dot menu button in the upper-right corner of the chart.
- Select “Custom capacity.”
- In the window that opens, you can:
- Set the same custom capacity for all users on the Workload chart: Enter the needed number of work hours in the “Default daily capacity” field.
- Set a custom capacity for one or more users individually: Enter the custom working hours number in the field next to each user’s name.
Note: You can enter any whole number from 0 to 24 as the custom capacity. Fractions with up to two digits after the decimal point are also supported, i.e., “1.5h” or “1.25h.”
- Click “Apply.”
- Refresh the page.
You can use the same steps to edit the custom capacity of users on the Workload chart.
When the custom capacity is set for the users on this Workload chart, it’s reflected on the grid:
- The cells with 0 effort allocation are white.
- The cells with the effort allocation from 0 to the custom capacity limit that you set are partially colored in pale blue (the amount of cell coloring is proportionate to the ratio between free time and allocated effort).
- The cells where the number of allocated hours is the same as the custom capacity or exceeds it are colored in red.
You can see the custom capacity set for all users of the chart above the user list under “Daily capacity.” Individual custom capacity is displayed to the right of each user’s name.