Time tracking categories are available on Business and Enterprise accounts.
⏱ 1 min read
Create time tracking categories to let people categorize how they’re spending time. Categories are customizable and you can create the categories that make sense for your team.
Examples of categories you may want to create:
- Working on deliverables
We’d love to hear what types of categories you create.
Add a Time Tracking Category
Admins on Business and Enterprise accounts can add time tracking categories.
- Click your profile picture in the Workspace's upper right-hand corner.
- Select "Settings" from the dropdown.
- Click "Timelog" in the left panel.
- Click “Add category”*.
- Enter a name for your category and press enter on your keyboard.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each category you want to add.
- Once you have added all necessary categories click "Save changes".
Once you’ve added a category, users in the account can use it when adding new time tracking entries.
*If you don’t see the “Add category” link, check the box next to “Enable timelog categories”.
View and Apply Timelog Categories
View Timelog Categories
- Switch to the Timelog View. You'll see a "Category" column which displays the category the user chose (the columns will be empty if no category was chosen).
- Open (or create) a Timelog Report. Click the gear icon and check the box next to "Category". You'll see a "Category" column which displays the category the user chose (the columns will be empty if no category was chosen).
Apply a Timelog Category
- Switch to the Timelog View.
- Double click in a cell in the Category column.
- Select the appropriate category.